Friday 31 October 2008

FAVOURITE SONGS - Agar Bewafa Tujhko

This song is amongst my favourite top 30 sad songs of the 1960's. It's sung by one of my favourite singers Mohd Rafi. The female version was sung by Lata Mangeshkar. It was a massive hit song but the film is not so popular.
Used to be played on radio stations countless number of times.

Film - Raat Ke Andhere Mein 1969
song - Agar Bewafa Tujhko Pehchan Jate
music & lyrics -Prem Dhawan

Re-make of this song with new singers and new video is on youtube
Agar Bewafa Tujh Ko Pehchan Jate

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pAnP_kV207c

Lata Mangeshkar [solo] - from film
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUnU7WeP2Y

Mohd Rafi [solo] - audio only




Hindi Lyrics: Mohd Rafi Version
Agar bewafa tujhko pehchaan jaate
khuda ki kasam hum mohabbat na karte
Jo maloom hota yeh anjaame ulfat to
dil ko lagaane ki jurrat na karte
agar bewafa tujhko pehchaan jaate
khuda ki kasam hum mohabbat na karte

If i knew that you would be unfaithful
God promise I would not have loved
If I knew the consequences of this love
I would not have dared to give my heart so easily
If i knew that you would be unfaithful

God promise I would not have loved



It's a bit tricky translating lyrics in english because you tend to loose some of the meaning and sometimes the lines have to be re arranged into a sentence.....this is a close match of the song

2 comments:

sneha said...

Hey, this is an awesome blog you've
got here!! I'm definitely going to
bookmark it!
I am also interested in latest news, sometimes i posted on
Website Development India

ADMIN said...

Hello Sneha
A warm welcome to our Salhan Family Blog. Thank you for your kind words and interest in reading our posts.
Thank you for the link provided.
Stay in touch.
regards
Salhan Family [ Admin]